I have started the sewing on the third project that I have been cutting.  It will take me several days to photograph the stages of the quilt so no reveal yet.

It was a beautiful day in the 60s with sunshine for Easter this year.  We usually have colder and windy or rainy weather.  We went out to eat so there was no clean up for us.

The toile blocks were still in a stack on my cutting table so I decided to see how they would look edge to edge in a light/dark/light/dark configuration.  I think they probably still need a narrow sashing between them.  I have a couple other options in mind too.


Finish #9 in January………..

I sewed the binding on this triangle quilt and finished it with a zig zag stitch by machine.  This was made from a random assortment of triangles sewn into squares and then fun at the design wall.  It finished at about 41″ x 54″ so it will be a baby or lap quilt.

If the recipient can’t stand all of the color on the front, the back is nice and soothing.

Working on two quilts………

This is what I accomplished in the studio yesterday: left side strips on 24 African fabric blocks and 68 triangle squares.

I wanted to cut the Drunkard’s Path pieces but I decided to go up into the attic since it was the perfect temperature for cleaning.  I had 3 huge partially empty boxes and 1 full one that I went through.  All 4 boxes are out of the attic now and also one big bag of trash.  Two of the boxes were full of blue jeans.  Everyone gave me their old jeans when I was teaching the Jeans Quilt class.  A lot of the pairs were in great shape so they are being donated to Goodwill.  A few pairs will go into another quilt that I will make this winter.  The rest….well, they are still in the attic but all in one box.

Triangles and stash……………

This time I took a photo of the stacks of 4 or 8 alike instead of a single layer.  There are 132 squares in this photo.  I made another 38 last night so I have 400 total done now.  I need at least another hundred before I will play with layouts.

When I saw this new Kaffe Fassett fabric (top row) on his website I had no idea it was a huge print compared to the old original print across the bottom.  It will be fun to cut into these new fabrics.

This is one of my favorites of Kaffe’s new prints for fall 2014.  I wasn’t too excited with it on the computer screen but when I saw it in person I loved it.

Saturday triangles……….

I  made 4 of each of these combinations.  I had several colors left over that I couldn’t find a suitable partner for so maybe they will get sewn in the next batch.

Here are all of the batches so far.  With 4 of each of lots of them there are way more done than pictured here.


Cutting day…….

Today was cutting day on my triangle project.  I’m using 3″ finished triangles for this project.  If I had chosen 2″, 4″ or 6″ I have plenty of them already cut.

I want to join the Drunkard’s Path quilt along at Vicki Welsh’s blog, but it will be a few days before I can link up.  Here is one that I made a couple years ago (still waiting to be quilted) and I have a tray of leftover pieces I can start with. 

This was my other project, the bridesmaid dress.  I have the overskirt and underskirt pinned to the right length (I hope!) and I had to cut off 4.5″

The easy part was the rolled hem.  I hope I have the length right; that is the hard part.  The wedding is tonight.  This photo is a truer color.


Daily dose of triangles………….

This is a representation of my daily dose of triangles.  There are many more; I just did a layout of a few of them.  I have 4 alike of a lot of them so that gives me the opportunity for some pinwheels in the final layout.  If I work on this every night for a week I think I will have enough triangles for a large lap size quilt.  I will have to do more cutting of scraps so I have a better variety for my limited attention span.  So…my plan is to cut some nights and sew on the other nights and make this into a 2-4 week project.