Delivery day………

Today is the first time I have been able to go to my church sewing circle this year.  We cancelled most of the sessions because of bad weather but some of the ladies met at least once in March.  My church is 23 miles from my house and I am a fair weather driver.  I worked on this group of preemie gowns and blankets for about 3 weeks, a little bit here and there.  There are 34 sets in a total of 4 sizes.

I have shown the pattern before but I decided I needed to repeat it and put a label of “preemie pattern” on this post so it is easy to find.

I made 4 little quilts, 3 pictured here.  They are just one pieced flannel layer and a backing of flannel, quilted and with edges finished on my serger.  This keeps them soft and flexible just like a receiving blanket.  Batting would make them too bulky in this small size.  The largest one is about 18″ x 22″, the smallest about 15″ x 18″.

I made a little progress on the left side of this project.  For more info on this quilt go to this post.