>My Ray of Sunshine is finished……….
I put the last binding stitches in yesterday. I’m really happy with this simple quilt.
As I mentioned in an earlier post when I had finished the quilting, some rows are just wavy lines with loops here and there and the rest of the rows are leaves with an occasional flower.
>Busy as a beaver………….
I finally had a good sewing day. I didn’t work in the gardens at all except for a quick half hour of weed pulling. I got the quilting done on the yellow quilt. I think there are 3 flowers. I’d have to go back down in the basement to check……..maybe some other time.
There are lots of wavy lines with a loop now and then…….and some leaves in the same row of squares as the flowers.
>It measures 66″ x 78″ which is a large throw size. Since a twin mattress is 75″ long this wouldn’t qualify as a twin quilt. I could add borders. The fabric to the left of the top is the backing fabric. I bought it on sale for less than $5 a yard on one of equilter’s good sales in March. I knew I was going to make a yellow quilt some day.
Here is one fabric I tried for a border. It is more orange than gold and has a painterly look like a batik but it is not a batik.
>Two years ago today I started my blog. I wasn’t sure I would want to do it but I wanted a way to document my creative endeavors as well as the progress in my flower gardens. I have found it to be so fulfilling to be in touch with so many people with common interests. Thank you readers for all of your emails and comments so we could have conversations.
I decided to go for instant gratification on my yellow quilt. I cut 6.5″ squares and divided them into lighter and darker values.
I laid them out on the lids from a couple of my big bins and put them on the wall in the same order each time. I had one extra light so I have put it in now and then instead of the one that would have been there. I was hoping for a kind of checkerboard look but there weren’t enough value changes for that to work.