I sewed the border blocks into strips to see how much I need to add to them to make them fit. I haven’t pressed them yet but it looks like 1/3 of a block will finish the 2 side borders and 2/3 block on the top and bottom. I moved it over to a double design wall and it looks like I put it upside down to the way it was on the single wall. I guess a throw size doesn’t really have a top or bottom so it doesn’t make any difference.
I cut more pillowcases for the church project (every 2 weeks I need a batch) and quilted 2/3 of one of the crosses quilts. Today is going to be a busy day so I don’t know how much I’ll get sewn. Hopefully I’ll finish the quilting while I watch 3 hours of TV tonight.
>Last night I decided I would check out the temperature outside by driving down to the grocery store and if it wasn’t too bad, I would go to see a movie at our local theater. I didn’t think it felt too bad, even for 17 degrees so I went home and put away my groceries and went back out to my van to leave. The battery was dead! I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t get there and find it dead when I came out of the theater. My brother is an auto repair guy so he will bring me a new battery later today. My van will be 6 years old in April so I guess I did pretty well on the first battery.
As long as I was home for the evening I decided to finish this quilt top. All it needed was the 4 corner triangles. Rather than spend the time looking for the rest of the pansy fabric, I used 4 leftover setting triangles on the corners. The outside edges are bias on them so I am going to leave them oversized until the quilting is done and trim them when I trim the edges.
I had purchased 8.5 yards of this yellow fabric when a quilt shop was going out of business and having their sale. I had the fabric wrapped on a bolt board so there was minimal pressing needed on it. I got the 3 pieces sewn together and pressed.
>I started making some pillowcases for a couple different charities. I have a lot of pieces cut but don’t have the right combinations figured out for most of them. I got 3 sewn together yesterday. This is the view from my kitchen window. The redbud leaves have all fallen and now I can see my maple tree. I love the red tree in the distance too.