Here is one photo I forgot to put in yesterday’s post showing the contents of a drawer.
I started cutting diamonds with my die cutter. This is the leftover of one of the smaller stratas. I can sew those 2 ends together and cut another diamond.
And here it is.
This of course is creating a lot of leftovers too small to piece together for more diamonds. I wish I could make my hand drop them in the wastebasket, but I can’t.
I just put the diamonds up on the design wall as I cut them. There were a few stratas not wide enough to get a diamond with crosswise stripes so I cut them lengthwise. I don’t know if they will stay in the project.
I’m planning on looking through my batiks and cutting some plain diamonds from them too. I know I have one with bears and other wild animals in similar colors. I think I have some tree batiks too. I have no idea what I am making. I’m hoping the blocks will tell me what they want to be.