I’m trying to do it right this time, all the way, not just half way done. The left side of the fruit cellar is done. You can see that it is a narrow room and 14′ long. This is approximately 6′ of it. I put the batting rolls up on 2 cement blocks that were in there. My son stopped by and I sent a bunch of stuff home with him that had been stored here. I still have a little work to do on the right end of the room.
While everything was still out where I could see it I decided to choose some backings to pair with tops. This is the first one. I have had that backing fabric for probably 30 years and I think it looks great with that top.
This Jane Sassaman print looks great with the X and+ quilt top.
I’m not positive about this one but I think it will work.
I’m undecided if I should put a floral backing on this one. I don’t want all of my quilts to only be matches for women. This top could be masculine too so I might keep looking.
I had a regular quilting cotton chosen for the back of this 16 patch but since the top is all batik, I would rather have a batik backing. The 2 darker blues would have to be used together since there isn’t enough of either one for the whole back.
This one is navy and white and I think it brightens the quilt. Also there is enough of it for the whole back. I think I will use it.
Hopefully I’ll actually sew something tonight while I watch TV.