I don’t think I will change my mind…..I’m pretty sure it is the final layout. I did some rearranging yesterday but I still had to make one new block to get it just the way I wanted it. I’m adding yesterday’s layout below so you can see some of the changes (if you want to hunt for them). All of the changes are in the bottom four rows.
Here is the
vertical final layout. What I learned from this quilt was that I needed at least another 40 blocks to achieve what I thought I was designing. That means going to a smaller block. These are 9″ blocks (72″ x 90″) so 7.5″ blocks would work and would make a 75″ x 90″ with 120 blocks. I need an even number of rows each direction like I have done here so that when 4 dark corners of the blocks come together it is repeated at the opposite edge. I have spent 2 weeks on this project at this point. I’m not sure when I’ll start sewing it together. I did a lot of outside work yesterday and probably will be out again today.