I proposed the idea of making little tote bags for our local migrant workers’ Head Start Program children. Last year we did travel size pillow pillowcases and bought the pillows to put in them. I have a lot of fabric that I consider pants weight from my days of clothing sewing. Some of it is over 40 years old, some newer. It never sells at a garage sale so I wanted to come up with a project for it. The maximum number of children they can have is 36 so that is how many we are making. I made this model to show them. I have the pocket too high on it and the boxing too deep so I’m correcting that now. I cut out 22 of them and did partial sewing on 7 of them. I have fabric for 12 more laid out on the cutting table. I will take all of it this afternoon and see how much we get done. We will be filling them with school supplies.
Here are some more garden shots. The coneflowers are really pretty this year. I guess they like all of the rain.
This is one of my smallest hostas blooming. To the right of it is one of the giant violet plants. To the left of it is Spiderwort and behind it is a coneflower. Nothing is organized in this garden.
The Cup of Gold primroses are at the end of their bloom time. It is too hot and humid to go out and pull weeds right now and the mosquitoes are fierce.