I decided it was time to start sewing the rows together. I was shocked at the secondary pattern. Stare at one of the setting squares and you will see 4 dark triangles connect to it in a water wheel sort of pattern. I didn’t see that when the blocks had the little crack of white between them as I designed the quilt. Other than that I like it better sewn than as loose blocks. I think the binding needs to be the hand dyed fabric.
I also chose the last 12 blue fabrics and got the strip sets sewn last night. I’ll slice them and sew the blocks today.
In the last two days I finished three of the four dishcloths I had in the works. I knitted 12 rows on the one still in progress and started another new one. I need to do the machine embroidery on the dish towels that will go with these when I donate them.