I moved a few squares from yesterday’s layout and have the top sewn together now. Some of the center squares are one way designs and the blocks are placed with the longest strips alternating from top/bottom to sides so no seams have to be matched. It took some playing around to get them arranged in a pleasing manner while still keeping the blocks turned the right way.
I got these blocks sewn together into a top too while I was in the basement. I washed a load of flannel for our church preemie project so I was down there babysitting my 38 year old washing machine and kept busy with fabric fun. I also cut fabric for 2 friends and will be able to mail it out on Monday.
Here is my ‘find’ in the basement yesterday. I know I was working on it in January 1999 and then had a health problem and gave up on the idea of doing it for a class. It is machine appliqued with black thread and a blanket stitch.
Here are a bunch more background pieces and leaves with Wonder Under on them. Below is the book that the project was in. I have my doubts that I will ever finish this project.