I spent 2.5 hours Saturday night and 3 hours last night and I’m down to just 3 little strips that still need quilting. I’m using rayon embroidery thread for the quilting so the shine from the overhead lights makes it look white in some places but it really is colors matching the fabrics. I may have to wet this one to block it but I’ll try steam first.
I cut the 8.5″ squares from the large print so I could do a trial layout and see what I need to add to make the quilt a little larger. There are 2 blocks of each combination except the printed tiny checkerboard of which there are 4. I realized right away I wanted more of that in there. I have only pieced one small checkerboard with 1.5″ strips so far but I will do at least 5 more so there will be 3 spots with 4 patches created with them and the large print. I have one more set of strips not sewn yet and I’ll look through my fabrics to see if there are any more oranges hiding.
Today is church sewing circle so I cut out 8 little gowns from flannel yesterday and packed my bag. I have a couple errands to do as long as I’m that far from home too. It is supposed to snow toward the end of the day so I hope I get home before that starts.